Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Marvelous Work Is About To Come Forth

Hello, I am Sister Brittany Brunner, and I am a Missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I, along with many others, will be serving in the Nauvoo Brass Band Service Mission. When Thomas S. Monson made the announcement back in October for the women's age changes for missionary service my heart swelled with joy! I, a girl who had loved this gospel her whole life, now could give others this gospel to love too!

I had planned on serving a mission after 2 semesters here at Utah State University because I have scholarships and a promise to educate myself to fulfill. Around January-time I started thinking about when I would submit my papers and how to prepare myself. I did not know about the Nauvoo mission opportunity at this time. On a Monday in January, I was talking with a good friend who had gone on this mission in the past and she told me all about it. Everything seemed so wonderful and I was so proud to know her and to have learned about that amazing experience in her life. On Wednesday, 2 days after learning about Nauvoo, I was sitting in English and the thought came to me to pray about Nauvoo. So there in English class I had a mini conversation with God, and...well, immediately after I turned to my friend and with a surprised expression on my face I said “I’m going to serve in Nauvoo this summer”. God has a marvelous work in store for us, I have the desires to serve god, blessed, I am called to the work (D&C 4). I cannot wait until I get to start my many moments in pure joy and utter disappointment serving my God. I know this Church is true and I am a sure witness that God exists and loves us far beyond what we can imagine. Blessed be the people of Nauvoo, for God is sending me there for a reason and the hearts I touch, I am sure, will change my life more than I can possibly imagine. God be with us till we meet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment