Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Led By Faith


I learned about the Nauvoo performance mission from a friend last August. She had just returned from serving there for the summer and was telling me the wonderful experiences she had. She asked if I was interested in being a YPM in Nauvoo. I was, but didn’t give it too much thought at the time since next summer seemed so far away.

A few months later I was having a bad morning, and I was praying for comfort and help to have a better day. Just a few hours later in institute another girl, who had spent the summer in Nauvoo, asked if I was interested in being a YPM for the summer. She gave me the website to check out what I needed to do for the audition. I am grateful the Lord humbled me enough to listen to the Spirit that day. I talked to my parents and started praying to know if this was what I should do. Even though I didn’t have a strong impression to go, I knew it was a good thing and with faith the Lord would allow me this opportunity.

I prepared for the first audition, and received a call back. Now I had the nerve-racking live audition. While in Salt Lake, I was calm and felt happy talking with all the others who were trying out. The Spirit testified to me that this was a great opportunity, and if I was chosen to go I would be richly blessed. I felt like jumping for joy when I received the call that I was going to Nauvoo. I know the Lord answered my prayers about serving in Nauvoo. He has led me through the past months and been preparing me for this opportunity to serve of which I am grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment