Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Plans Changed


My name is Richard Lyman. I have played trombone for ten years and served a full time ministerial mission to Australia. I had no intention of participating in the Nauvoo Brass band, even when a friend of mine called me and suggested I give it some thought. Things changed, however, when she invited me to pray about it and see if the Lord wanted me to go. This worried me, as I had plans to work full-time over the summer and save up for another semester of college and possibly purchase a new trombone. I told the Lord my plans and He made it clear to me that my plans needed to change. I did some more pondering and praying, and began to see this was what the Lord wanted for me. I then gave Elder Brague a call, and here I am. The Lord, no doubt, has a plan for me and all of his children. I look forward to the privilege of serving Him in this capacity.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Elder Lyman, your testimony and talents made a lasting impression on me. Your demonstration in the tin shop was "bewildering!" That was some great trombone playing too!

    ReplyDelete