Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 10, 2013

A Dream Come True


One of my lifelong dreams and desires was to serve a music mission for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.  I did not know that one actually existed until I went to audition for a scholarship at Brigham Young University-Idaho.   I knew that this was my chance to fulfill my dream and to serve others through my talent of music.

Once I began the process of auditioning, I just felt so good about going on this mission, and it felt right.  I felt at peace, even though I was not perfect (and am still not).  I felt like this was where I was meant to be at this coming time.  I was so excited when I got the email saying that I would audition in the final round at Salt Lake City, Utah!

I couldn't believe that I was able to audition at Salt Lake.  I never thought that I would even get there, but I did.  And everyone was so kind and had a special spirit with them.  I knew that by looking at them that Nauvoo was a very special place, and I wanted to go and have that same Spirit with me.

When I got the call saying that I would be able to serve in Nauvoo, I was overcome with joy!  I was now beginning the journey of my dream to serve through music.  I never thought that I would be able to serve a mission like this, but I know that the Lord has called me to Nauvoo at this time to serve Him and my fellow men. I am excited for this opportunity, to meet many people and to see many things, and to bear my testimony of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ.

No comments:

Post a Comment