Search Our Stories:

Sunday, March 10, 2013

He Made A Way

From the moment Elder Brague came to BYU-I and told us about the Nauvoo Brass Band, I knew that was what I was supposed to do. Now, a year and a half later, it's finally a reality for me. I had to wait a year to audition due to my age, but the whole time, I was excited and ready for Nauvoo. When President Monson announced that girls could serve full time missions, I got really excited and was preparing to start my papers, but after fasting and prayer and consulting with my bishop, I realized that wasn't what I was supposed to do. I then sent in my audition tape, not exactly confident that I would get called back for live auditions.

Here's where things get interesting, and several things happened to strengthen my testimony of God's timing. First, I had already bought my non-refundable plane ticket to come back to school on Jan. 3rd, and the auditions happened to be on the 5th in Salt Lake City. An old roommate happened to live in Tooele right outside of SLC, so I had a place to stay until my audition. I also accidentally left my mouthpiece at home in TN, and I just so happened to get to SLC just early enough for my mom to overnight it to me. Then, my friend Brooklynn also got called for auditions, and her grandparents were able to drive her and me to school after auditions. I know that these events are no coincidence. The Lord made a way for me to get these things done, so that I could audition for this amazing experience. I know that this is where I'm supposed to be in my life, and that my Heavenly Father is pleased with the decisions I have made. I am so grateful for the opportunity to go to Nauvoo this summer.

2 comments:

  1. It is so exciting that you are going to do this. Just to think that you are one of only fifteen people who have this opportunity is beyond amazing to me. I know that you are going to have the time of your life. Go out there and KICK IT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so excited for you!! You are such an amazing girl and I can't wait to see what other experiences you get to have from this amazing opportunity! Keep up your hard work!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete