Search Our Stories:

Sunday, July 28, 2013

Teaching is Learning

I had a wonderful experience with a non-member visitor in June. She had come to Nauvoo with a group of seniors on a day tour, and had listened to our hymnfest-- the concert we do at 3:45 in the Women's Garden in which we all play hymns and bear testimony in between. I had born testimony in my announcement of one of the hymns that we can always trust God.  In talking to her afterward, we got on that topic and she shared with me her belief in trusting God, which was exactly what I needed to hear at that time and made both of us teary-eyed. The Spirit was so powerful as both of us were edified and rejoiced together! (D&C 50) I am grateful that the Spirit teaches all of us the same way, and that in being called to teach the gospel I am blessed to be learning it, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment