Search Our Stories:

Monday, July 22, 2013

Following the Spirit

Here is a quick thought about an experience I had:
I had a wonderful experience last Sunday when we were helping with the Trail of Hope.  I led a group down the trail.  It was full of Youth and I am allowed to bear my testimony at the very end.  Throughout the trail I was praying for what I could bear testimony of and when we got to the end I had this overwhelming feeling to talk about how God answers our prayers and that He is mindful of us every moment of every day.  He keeps us close to Him if we are willing to draw near unto Him.  Some people thanked me and others went on their way.  I don't know if they needed to hear it but I know that the Spirit was with me and I spoke truth. Then I went back to the beginning to take another tour (we had over 600 people waiting). I was talking with this family and they asked me to be the one that led them down. And at the beginning and the end I bore testimony.  It was a very cool experience, one that I will treasure always.  The mom of that family came to me afterwards and thanked me for the spirit that I had.  She said it made their experience that much more special. 

No comments:

Post a Comment